Sunday, January 29, 2012

Intervals

I hope everyone has had a great weekend, I know I sure have. This week has been extremely busy for me, at one point I even thought I wasn't going to make it to the gym. My normal fitness routines are around an hour, this particular day I only had about 40 minutes, so instead of skipping the gym, I performed intervals.

I know you've probably heard the term interval. Basically, an interval is when you alternate high to low intensity. An example would be if you were on the treadmill you would jog for a minute and the next minute run/sprint at a high intensity. By doing intervals you burn calories quicker so you don't have to stay on the machine for a long period of time.

All of my clients perform intervals, it is a great way to strengthen your heart, burn calories, and give your workout some variety. The next time you find yourself in a time crunch at the gym, try interval training.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
If you are on a mission to drop pounds take a photo of yourself and every 5-10 pounds you lose keep taking a photo. If you physically see the improvements it will motivate you to keep going.